Dar es Salaam, Tanzania 27.9.2017 - 30.9.2017
- Knowledge for climate-proof urban development in rapidly changing environments.
You are cordially invited to participate at the IAPS 2017 Symposium in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. IAPS 2017 will take a pioneering look at urban development, people and environmental behavior with a particular focus on Africa, Asia and Latin America. Participants will debate the added value of explicitly relating scientific knowledge about climate, risks and extreme events to pro-environmental behavior and city planning.
The IAPS 2017 Symposium will be the first of its kind in East Africa. The symposium will provide a platform to debate questions such as: What are the implications of global environmental changes for land use planning in coastal cities and inland states with low economies? What are the consequences in terms of global health challenges? Whose responsibility is it to prevent and reduce negative impacts of climate change?
IAPS 2017 SYMPOSIUM THEMES
• Planning and design in disasters, multiple risks and climate change
• Housing, land use planning, informality and urban settlements
• Gender based experiences, behavior, perceptions and environmental change
• Resilient urban infrastructure, transportation and energy
• Governance and management of the urban built environment
• Ecosystems services, green infrastructure, health and livelihoods
Dissemination of knowledge, advocacy and communication
Abstract submission deadline: 30 September 2016
Full Paper submission deadline: 30 November 2016
Early Bird Registration deadline: 30 April 2017
Registration close: 31 July 2017
- Liittyvää tietoa